Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tagalong Bread


Don't you love those weeks (and days) where you're just happy to be alive?

The little things that make life sweet...  Owning your bio test.  Hearing people say they wish you had been elected student council president.  Hearing people say they will vote for you for student council rep. Going to bed early.  Reading a good book Harry Potter.  

Well, this is one of those weeks for me.  And, to top it all off, I don't have much homework!  What does that mean?  I'm baking something for adviser group, of course!  Chocolate Peanut Butter Tagalong Bread to be exact.  

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tagalong Bread (yields 2 loaves)

adapted from Something Swanky

3 cups all purpose flour
3 T cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 lightly packed brown sugar
1 T baking powder
2 t baking soda
1 box of tagalongs, crushed
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk
1 large mashed banana
2 T oil
1 egg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Whisk together dry ingredients, reserving a heaping tablespoon.
3. Stir in wet ingredients, careful not to over mix.
4. Add chocolate chips and crushed cookies to reserved dry mix and toss to combine.
5. Fold in the cookies and chocolate chips until just distributed.
6. Pour batter into 2 greased and parchment-lined loaf pans.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (one of my loaves took 36 and the other took about 40)
8. Cool before cutting with a serrated knife.  

imagine there is a lovely jar of peanut butter...

whisk, whisk, whisk

crush, crush, crush!
 shake, shake, shake!

Combine the wet and the dry and you get something AHmazing

But as soon as you add the cookies and chocolate...

You get batter o' heaven

Sorry for these extremely lackluster photos.  My mom is on a trip to Gettysburg and borrowed my camera.  I probably could've gotten better pictures with my iPhone, but I decided to use my old sony cyber-shot for the directions...Oh well.

See!!? This iPhone picture ^ is better!  Can you believe how good the cameras in phones are getting...

As I was cutting this bread I enjoyed the ends...and then I fixed myself a little dessert (ya' know, just making sure it's suitable for my adviser group tomorrow morning):


I enjoyed it with a good book... :D

But then of course it seemed too much like breakfast after dinner so I just needed to do this:
Yes, that is whipped cream.  And yes, this piece is considerably thicker than the previous one.  One slice of this bread technically has 1/24 of a banana in it so it's healthy! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment