Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Punch in the Face--REBOUND!

If you've been reading lately, you'll know that I have been having some not-so-great days lately...

To be less ambiguous, I'll explain why Friday particularly was so bad.  Originally, I had run for class president for 10th grade.  I sort of knew I wasn't going to win, considering who one of the other candidates was (think friendly, popular, super outgoing...).  Well, it was still a mini punch at my self esteem when I heard he won--with no run off!

Not to worry, I still had a chance to run for student council rep.  I wasn't really worried at all for this considering I was a rep this year.  Anyway, fast forward to Friday when I found out I didn't even get voted for rep.  It did not compute!  There are a whole slew of reasons why I think the results were bogus, but I'm going to keep them to myself.  Had it been Friday afternoon when I wrote this post, yes, I probably would be listing them (in addition to reasons why I hate people in general) ;)  But, I've had the weekend to get over it.  Every time I think about it I still feel a mini punch in the gut, but oh well.  As my mom continues to say: Student politics are fickle.

Now, I'm viewing this as a learning opportunity.  At least I tried.  I gave a speech in front of my whole grade.  I may have even left some ideas that stuck with the people that did make student council and will hopefully consider them for next year.

Anyway, Friday was such a down-in-the-dumps day for me that I didn't really fully appreciate something good that also happened.  My trainer, Barb, asked me if I'd take my favorite horse, Zeus, to a combined test that they're going to next weekend.  I like to think of this as proof that at least some one, somewhere values what I do.  There are plenty of other riders that could've taken Zeus to the show (just as there were a whole slew of candidates for student council), but, it was ME that was asked to take Zeus!  YAYAYAYA!!!!

Anyway, she said that they might be going.  I really hope I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing...

But if we are going--WOOHOO!  I'm so excited!! It's at Frazier Farm on May 6th.  And you can guarantee that it will make for some super awesome blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment