Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Butterscotch Cheerio Treats

Nice, Mel! ;) She was on the farthest courts from the stands and I couldn't get any closer...lucky I had my new zoom lens!  I did get some really cool shots of random girls on the closer courts.


Ok, after lots of bad news and an overall bad day I really needed to take my mind off things.  I went to the movies with my sister and downed a large popcorn and a box of pretzel m and ms while watching The Lucky One with Zac Efron.  Well, it helped a little bit...

I decided that I would make something easy for Mel's tennis match today.  And by easy I mean no-bake, using up ingredients I have on hand, and not spending more than 20 minutes on it.  Well, Butterscotch Cheerio Treats it is!

Butterscotch Cheerio Treats

Ingredients

1 bag of marshmallows
1/4 cup cup plus 2 Tb butter
7 cups dulce de leche cheerios
unknown amount of coconut that I had in the freezer*

*I'm not sure if I actually added enough coconut to make a difference in flavor or texture, but I wanted to use up the remains of a bag so I tossed it in...

Directions

1. In a large bowl dump entire bag of marshmallows and butter.
2. Microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted.
3. Stir in cheerios and butterscotch chips.
3. Spray a 9x13 pan and dump marshmallow-cheerio blob into it.
4. Spray your fingers and press the mix evenly into the pan.
5. Let set up for about 30 minutes (you can put it in the fridge to speed this up).


Yes, you guessed it.  This is just rice krispie treats but with cheerios and some other crazy stuff mixed in.  I also used a spastic amount of butter but I was using up the butter that was in our butter dish so that's how I came to this amount.  Hey, whatever works... ;)

I cut it into 24 squares but you can definitely cut however many you'd like depending on what size you want.  

There was only about 1/3 cup of coconut left in that bag so you can just pretend it's not there...

Bowl o' marshmallow (uhh and butter!)

Stiiiiiiir

Mmmmm butterscotch...and some stupid leftover coconut (except coconut is not stupid, the amount of coconut I used was stupid)

Spray your fingers...do it or you will not end up with a pretty pan like this.  You will end up with a chunky monkey pan that's half stuck to your utensil.

Isn't he cute?!!?? 

I resisted these guys until after the match...and then I had 2 small ones biggest ones I could find.  They were super yummy.  I definitely think the cheerios held up well with the butterscotch chips because they were similar sized if you get what I mean.  But, I think there's something about a classic rice krispie that just trumps all others...  Lucky for me I bought 3 extra bags of marshmallows at the grocery store this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment