Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thin Mint Brownie Bites--Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!

This year my mom bought one box each of the "good kind" of girl scout cookies--samoas, thin mints, tagalongs...y' know which ones I'm talking about.  Well, I've decided instead of eating them (psshhh who eats girl scout cookies???) ;) I'll bake with them.  And, after diving into the far side of our pantry, I discovered a mix for mint brownies--how perfect is that?

I decided to make these "cute" by baking them in a mini cupcake tin, but you can definitely do these in a regular pan if you'd like.

Thin Mint Brownie Bites

1 Box Pillsbury Mint Chocolate Brownies
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
3 tablespoons water
"a few handfuls" Nestle swirled chocolate and mint chips
1 Roll of thin mint girl scout cookies (16 cookies)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Set aside 12 thin mint cookies, cut in half and crush remaining 4
3. Mix brownie mix, chocolate chips, oil, egg, water, and crushed cookies
4. Scoop batter into mini muffin tin, sprayed
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes
6. Remove from oven and immediately stick half a cookie in each brownie
7. Let cool for 15 minutes and transfer brownies to a rack to continue cooling
8. Store in an airtight container or eat them right away because the best kind of brownie is one that is still warm and gooey. 

Yes, both the girl scout cookies and chocolate chips have been "used" prior to this recipe...
The recipe was more of a dump all things mint and chocolate into the batter in hopes of using them up.


I love the swirled chips...

Brownie batter: a beautiful thing.  I could probably write a song about it, or a maybe a haiku...

Brownie batter: yum!
I could eat you all day long.
I need bigger pants.

Spray makes the world go round.  What would we do without Pam?

These strongly remind me of sharks.  That's kind of creepy.  And I DO NOT LIKE sharks.  They scare me so much.  One of my mini hidden fears is being attacked by a shark while swimming in the ocean.  That's partially why I'm not really an ocean swimmer fan.  I prefer pools (or even lakes or rivers or ponds!).  


Fancy chocolate squiggle.  Now it looks like a shark with seaweed on it. Sort of...


I brought these to the Parent Council auction that my school was hosting tonight.  I wanted the student volunteers to have something tasty to snack on.  Plus, my sort of new thing is that I like making stuff and then forcing other to people to try eat all of them.  

They were a big hit with everyone.  The only person who didn't have one besides me (don't worry I made up for it later) was my friend who said she doesn't like mint.  I assured her there was no real mint in them, only "thin mint". hehe

She still wouldn't try one.  Poo :(  Oh well, her loss.

By the way, when I said I made up for not having one of these, I meant it!  At the auction one of the jobs for the student volunteers was to pass the h'ordeuvres (I think I got that right...).  Well, let's just say I didn't have any of the pizza that they gave the volunteers either.  I felt it was my duty as a good server to try everything I was passing out.  I mean come on, what if someone wanted my opinion of the dish?  My two favorites were the goat cheese and mushroom on crostini and the chicken empanadas with guacamole.  My least favorite was the sweet pea hummus on pumpernickel...it was :(((((  or maybe I'm exaggerating just a little because I did have a lot of people say it was pretty good.  

Besides single handedly eating half the food that the caterers brought for the event, I also polished off a good 15 truffles as well as who knows how many shortbreads for dessert.  Please don't tell.
Then, at the very end of the night at checkout there was a candy bar set up.  Oh-my-goodness-why-did-I-wear-my-tight-pants-tonight!  

My goodie bag filled with chocolate covered pretzels, truffles, and taffy.  


Look how cute these chocolate covered oreos are!  I love the school logo on them--so perfect for the occasion.

Tonight was definitely a fun, yet tiring event.  My mom, who has been working her butt off for the past few weeks didn't have much time to look for items tonight because she was busy working.  We did end up getting a painting she bid on as well as an afternoon at a makeup store in town called Benefit that I put us down for.  I'd say it was a steal considering we were only the second bidder and got it for half it's retail price...
Overall, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment