Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burgers

Term paper rough draft....done! (well it doesn't have a conclusion yet, but who's checking)

I occasionally always use food as  motivation to do my work.  Is that bad?  I already told you that my "reward" for finishing the rough draft was making cookies and reading Harry Potter.  Well, on an even more simplistic level: no lunch for Valerie until she finishes her rough draft.  No, I don't have psycho  parents that starve me until I do my homework.  I was the one who said this to myself.  Weird?  Whatever.  

So I know I said I would take pictures with a real camera and go all "pro food blogger" with the beautifully photographed step-by-step guide of how to make my meal, but I was lazy hungry not in the mood.  I think lazy probably covers this one.  Anyway, I can still tell you about my lunch. ;)

First, Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burgers.  Where have you been all my life?
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/chilelimeburgers.jpg
On a recent trip to Trader Joe's I picked up a box of these bad boys.

Well, I'll sort of wrap my review of this burger into my post about what I had for lunch.  I cooked it on the stove with some spinach because spinach is my healthy best friend.  Then, when it was basically done I put a little cheddar flavored rice cheese on it to melt (dairy is my frenemy...).  I topped off my concoction with salsa and had a little Tex-Mex fiesta in my kitchen.  I even used the parrot plate!


Now you can admire the parrot!



So you're probably thinking I completely smothered this burger in other stuff and couldn't even taste the chili or lime.  Well, I have had these completely plain before so it's safe to say that these burgers are delicious whether you eat them au natural or covered in a fiesta.  

Wanna see another fiesta I had a couple of nights ago?  Here's a picture of my attempt at huevos rancheros. (notice the dinner sized parrot plate)


In an attempt to be a little more helpful, this burger isn't overly flavored in my opinion.  Even if you don't like "chili" or "lime" you won't really notice it.  When I eat these I think I'm eating a delicious, if somewhat neutral chicken burger that is not bland but not a flavor explosion.  Therefore, these make an excellent canvas for your own creations.  I know guacamole is excellent with these.  But, when is guacamole not excellent??  

In an attempt to be healthy, sometimes I venture away from plain ol' hamburgers.  Sure, I still crave them once in a while, but I also love veggie burgers, chicken burgers, turkey burgers, even salmon burgers.  

What's your favorite type of "burger"?  

Oh, wanna laugh?  Check out this picture of me eating a veggie burger...like a beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment