Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Baking in a Bikini? You Bet!

the remains of the Easter decorations... I guess Mother's Day is next...

Today I had the day off from school for professional development day.  Teachers sit through meetings all day and the students have an extra day to catch up on work, relax, or concoct in the kitchen to their hearts' content.

First I must say something about the weather.  It was GORGEOUS today!  Definitely the kind of day that has you aching for summer.  High 70s, sunny, blue sky.  Not a bad day to have off from school...

After heading out to get froyo for lunch (you read that right, I had it for lunch, not after), I came home and wanted to sit by the pool.  But, not before I had the urge to make something in the kitchen.  Actually, I wanted to make it for my sister to take to her tennis match, but it wasn't finished cooling in time.

Anyway, I decided that being home alone on a gorgeous day I would bake...in my bikini.  Weird?  I don't think so.  I was wearing an apron at least!



First thing I made was a dump bar.  Literally I dumped everything into the pan and baked.  :)

Layer 1: refrigerated sugar cookie dough (I had bought two rolls but only ended up using one for my rainbow pinwheel cookies)  I actually pressed this down, not really dumping
Layer 2: semi sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and heath bar toffee bits
Layer 3: sweetened condensed milk
Layer 4: flaked coconut
Layer 5: the remaining semi sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and heath bar toffee bits

I'm not exactly sure how long it baked for because I originally put it in for 15 minutes but that was WAY too short and ended up putting it back in for probably 15 more minutes, maybe 20...

First time out of the oven...not nearly done but still looks mighty yummy.

These things are deadly.  Lucky I was wearing my bikini because if my tummy weren't in site I would've eaten the whole pan with no shame.  But, I resisted to just picking off the "scraps" that stuck to the knife, spatula, pan, and maybe the ones that I pulled off the bars themselves...

Wait for it...wait for it...

The gooeyness is calling my name!


Sweet, gooey, caramelly, buttery, toffee-y, chocolatey, chewy.  If I didn't care about appearing somewhat sane, I would've hidden in my playroom with the whole pan and scarfed them down as I watched my latest netflix, John Tucker Must Die.  Seeing as I like to occasionally appear somewhat normal, I let these babies cool, cut them up into generous squares and packaged them up for either my mom to take to work or for me to take to school.  I haven't decided who gets to be blessed with these bars of heaven yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment