Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Bunny Poop Bark

I went a little crazy with candy at the movies last night.  Mel and I saw Hunger Games.  My 3rd time.  Her 1st.  It was fun to do something on a Sunday night and not have to worry about school the next day.  Anyway, I went crazy with Reese's pieces, and then mint m and ms, and then hershey kisses....  I may or may not have found some random Christmas candy and finished it...umm oops.

I thought I would be all candied out by this morning. And I was.  Until I decided to make Easter bark.  I was inspired by this one at Gingerbread Bagels and this one at Desserted Planet.  What I wanted to do was have a layer of semi sweet on the bottom and a layer of white on top with egg shaped whoppers and m and ms as the topping.  I envisioned it so beautifully.  Let's just say that today... Bunny Poop Bark was born!

Bunny Poop Bark

made 2 full plates

Ingredients

10 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
10 oz. white chocolate chips
3/4 cup egg shaped m and ms*
3/4 cup mini egg whoppers*

*I am completely guessing here because actually I just dumped a little more than half a bag of each candy onto the bark...basically just use your judgement with how much candy you want.


Directions

1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper
2. Melt the semi sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 2 min 30 sec on 50% power or until melted, stirring occasionally
3. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the wax paper in a somewhat uniform shape with an offset spatula.
4. Place pan in the refrigerator while you melt the white chocolate.
5. Spread the melted white chocolate over the semi sweet chocolate and quickly spread in an even layer.  If you're like me, then bunny poop will start to happen (the chocolates will mix and you'll get some light brown in your white)
6. Generously sprinkle your candy over the chocolate and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
7. Once completely hardened, break your bark into pieces.
8.  Serve immediately or keep for a few days (doubt it will last that long!)


I actually ended up doing part ghirardelli bittersweet 60% and part nestle semi sweet because I didn't have enough.  


WARNING: if cooking/baking/candy-making before noon, chocolate is a perfectly acceptable breakfast


 mmm...chocolate 


Easter candy! 


 Generously sprinkle your candy
 As you can see, my 2 chocolates got a little...mixed
Beautiful patch of bunny poop



Wanna know a secret?  Under that plate of bark is a pretty cute picture.  


Just letting you know, bark of all kinds is addicting.  A friend gave me some at Christmas and I ate it all and didn't share it with the rest of the house.  

As a precaution with this bark, I immediately wrapped one plate of this bark to send with my mom to work.  The plate that I left for the house is already half empty thanks to my mom and me.  Here is what my mom told me and I quote "You are so bad for making this!"  Sorry, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment