Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Ciao Italia!

Tomorrow we leave for Italy.  I am so, so, so, so excited!  I am packing tonight because although we have an evening flight, I don't want to be stressed tomorrow.  Tomorrow I think I may actually head out to Barnes and Noble to pick up a few books for summer reading...

This week I was definitely living it up--summer style!  Late nights, sleepovers, pool, movies.  It was a nice little preview of what's to come after I return from vacation.  When I return I will be starting my job as a camp counselor, but that's not all day, I still will have my summer nights!

Do you want a good laugh?  Picture me hobbling around with a grimace on my face while my friend just laughs at me for my misfortune...We decided to do this little 10 minute workout.  It's 1 minute each of 7 different ab workouts and then 3 sets of 25 jump squats/10 pushups.  I thought it sounded like a piece of cake so I went ahead and tried it on Wednesday.  My goodness!  I could hardly walk the next day!  Then, for some bizarre reason, I did it again on Thursday, and then again today!  I am incredibly sore.  Usually it only takes a day to recover from things like this, but I don't remember ever being this sore from a workout...  It's probably a combination of the fact that I have hardly worked out all spring and also because I did it 3 days in a row with no day off.

Anyway, despite having issues walking upstairs/downstairs (downstairs is the worst!), sitting on the toilet, sitting in chairs, sitting on the couch, getting up from a chair, getting up from the couch, and probably a whole lot of other things, I feel muscles under my squish! teehee ;)  This little workout reminded me that I definitely want to be super active this summer (and not just active as in busy, active as in fit).  

Also, I rode in my new saddle today.  It was a dream except for the fact that my stirrup leathers hadn't arrived yet so I used nasty, crispy, crunchy ones from a school saddle.  My butt just makes it because I took the risk in buying a half size smaller than usual.  Anyway, this saddle is extra motivation to well maybe not have such a large behind! haha  Oh, and because life just works that way, my beautiful new leathers arrived today in the mail...after I went riding... HAHA

I have to get packing now...I'm not sure what the computer situation will be in Italy, but I probably won't be able to post anything.  I will definitely return with great pictures, so get ready!  Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment